HOW TO WHITELIST HARDWOOD EVOLUTION
Thank you for subscribing to Hardwood Evolution Basketball!
We’re excited to be a part of you and your child’s basketball journey!
Derek Griffin, Founder of Hardwood will be sharing his best tips, techniques, drills, and resources to help your child make shots consistently, reduce playing insecurities, and even get them on a path towards a college offer.
But before we do that, we want to make sure that you can receive all of our updates by WHITE LISTING our emails.
This will be your 1st and only housekeeping task and we promise it will be worth your time…
Why is this important?
Many e-mail and internet service providers have put in aggressive programs and filtering system to block unwanted e-mails (also known as spam).
Hardwood Evolution appreciates their intention to protect all of us from spam (we hate it!), but everyone agrees that the current system is far from perfect.
Often these programs block e-mails that you actually want to get.
Here’s how you can help the system prevent “false positives” and join the fight against spam.
Solution: White-list Emails from Hardwood Evolution.
A whitelist is a list of email addresses of people who you want to receive emails from.
It’s a way for you tell your email provider Derek Griffin and Hardwood Evolution is my friend, and I actually want to learn from him.
Here’s how you can whitelist our emails before your delivery is interrupted.
1. In your inbox, find an email from firstname.lastname@example.org (ex your welcome email or even this email). It could be in Promotions or Spam.
2. Click and drag this email to the “primary” tab of your inbox.
3. Add Connect@hardwoodEvolution.com and DGriffin@hardwoodevolution.com to your contacts, so we can be friends.
4. Now, you’ll see that all our emails will go to your primary folder in the future!
Hover over the sender’s email. Select “Add to contacts”. That’s it! You’re done!
Apple Mac Mail
Select “Mail” and “Preferences” from the top menu.
In the “Preferences” window, click the “Rules” icon.
Click the “Add Rule” button.
In the “Rules” window, type a name for your rule in the “Description” field.
Use the following settings: “If any of the following conditions are met: From Contains.”
Type our email address (email@example.com) in the text field beside “Contains.”
Select “Move Message” and “Inbox” from the drop-down menus. Click “Ok” to save the rule.
Right-click on the message in your inbox.
Select “Junk E-mail” from the menu.
Click “Add Sender to Safe Senders List.”
1. Click “Options” in the upper right hand corner.
2. At the top of the page, click on the “Junk E-mail Protection” Link
3. Next, click on “Safe List”, which is down near the bottom
4. Copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org where it says “Type an address or domain”
5. Click the “Add” button